The Parlour is downtown Durham’s handmade ice cream shop. Vanessa and Yoni Mazuz (a.k.a Mrs. and Mr. Parlour) started out in 2011, making ice cream at The Cookery, and serving it in Durham and the Triangle from a converted school bus. The next year, we ran a Kickstarter campaign to raise money for our own kitchen, and in April of 2013 we opened our permanent location downtown. Now we employ two ice cream makers and a crew of scoopers.
We use local ingredients whenever possible and rotate seasonal flavors often. We also make all our pastries and many of our toppings from scratch. We always offer vegan options, including fruit sorbets and creamy flavors made from coconut milk, and our new banana-based vegan “ice cream”.
Our Partners and Suppliers
Here are some of the people that help us bring you great ice cream.
- Much of our fruit, including strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and peaches, comes from Lyon Farms
- Mint for Mint Chip comes from Catbriar farms
- Sweet potatoes come from Pine Knot Farms
- Coffee for our ice cream and espresso drinks comes from The Carrboro Coffee Company
- Cream and butter come from Homeland Creamery
- Our vanillas come from the great Nielsen-Massey
- Chocolate for our vegan ice creams comes from Cordillera